Knitting Dutch Ganseys
In this brand new class for 2019, you will learn the fundamentals and history of this beautiful, traditional seamless sweater style. You'll knit a tiny gansey in class!
• Gansey history and traditions
• Gansey construction
• How to knit bragworthy sweater armpits
• 2 techniques for shoulder grafting
• Understanding gussets
• Fabric density & gauge
Skill Level: Intermediate
• 50 g DK weight yarn in a light color, solid or tonal (no stripes/variegated)
• Size 4 DPN's (double point needles)
• Stitch holder (or waste yarn and darning needle)
• Stitch markers
• Notebook & pen/pencil
Class sign-ups begin January 29. $75.