Quarter 2 of Knit Pro is learning colorwork. We are kicking off Quarter 2 with learning Mosaic knitting with the Assookinanii Cowl. Mosaic knitting creates colorwork patterns using two colors in different rows and slipping stitches; you do not work both colors at the same time. It's a great way to add designs to your patten and to dip your toe into colorwork.
The Assookinakii cowl is knit in the round using 1 solid and 1 variegated skein of fingering weight yarn. The sample was made using Soka'pii and Dyed in the Wool. The columns are made just by slipping stitches. This is a 2 part class.
- Knitting/purling in the round
- Casting on/ binding off
- If you have taken Learn to Knit and Knitting Beyond Basics, this is the perfect next step for you!!!!
Skills you will learn:
- Carrying 2 colors in the round
- Mosaic Knitting
- Time permitting, adding a lining to your cowl
Materials (not included with class)
- 1 solid skein of fingering weight yarn (Soka'pii recommended)
- 1 variegated/speckled/multicolored yarn (Dyed in the Wool Recommended)
- 1 skein of Oh Dang (optional lining, time permitting)
- Size 5, 24" circular needles/ tips and cords
- Size 6, 16" circular needles/ tips and cords (for optional lining, time permitting)
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needles
- Assookinakii Pattern (fingering version). Hard copies are available at FDF or you can buy a digital version here
- Please come to class with ribbing completed
Dates: April 8 11-1 PM, April 18 6-8 PM
Instructor: Sarah Harris
- Payment must be paid in full to reserve your place.
- In the event that you need to cancel, you must provide us with notice 48 hours in advance to receive a refund or store credit.
- No shows will forfeit the class fee, without a refund or credit.
- Please arrive at class on time. Supplies, including book or pattern, must be purchased prior to class date. Especially if you need to have your yarn wound.
- Come prepared! We want to make the most of our classroom time.
For additional questions email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org