Description: Have you ever wanted to learn to spin your own yarn? Maybe you want to know more about the history of spinning? This beginning drop spindle class is the perfect tool to get you started on your spinning journey – and possibly a new fiber addiction! Learn about the various types of spindles used for various types of yarns from all over the world. From the Russian supported spindle to the large and long Navajo spindle and every type in between so you can discover for yourself which type might be best for you and the yarn you want to spin. Then, we’ll settle in with a student drop spindle for this three-hour workshop where you will learn to spin your own yarn! We’ll begin spinning a single strand of yarn and then we’ll go over the basics of plying two single stands together to make a two-ply yarn. You
will leave the class with a better understanding of drop spindle spinning, be well on your way to creating your very own yarn, and discover why it’s called a drop spindle (quite literally).
Price: $60 includes Wool + Wooden Drop Spindle
Date: March 5th
Time: 10 AM to 1 PM
- Payment must be paid in full to reserve your place.
- In the event that you need to cancel, you must provide us with notice 48 hours in advance to receive a refund or store credit.
- No shows will forfeit the class fee, without a refund or credit.
- Please arrive to class on time. Supplies, including book or pattern, must be purchased prior to class date. Especially if you need to have your yarn wound.
- Come prepared! We want to make the most of our classroom time.
For additional questions email Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org