Welcome to our 2022 Shawl and Cowl Make - A - Long! We are excited to whip up some shawls and cowls together! In this blog you will find the rules of the MAL, Shawl and Cowl shapes and some featured patterns and yarn pairing ideas. Thank you for joining us!
FDF Shawls + Cowls MAL
MAL Rules and FAQs
- Shawls and Cowls must use the majority of Farmer's Daughter Fibers yarn. Doesn't matter if it is from stash or its new, if you bought it from a LYS or us here at FDF!
- You can Knit or Crochet Shawls and Cowls.
- MAL starts March 8th (this means no casting on until the 8th!) and ends May 3rd.
- Entries for the MAL will be made on FDF's Ravelry Group, found here. You can enter as many times as you like! As long as the FO was made between March 8th and May 3rd.
- Prizes for the MAL are 3 - $100 gift cards to FDF! We will also be giving out lots of prizes on Zoom meetings!
- MAL Zoom meetings are on March 8th, April 5th, and May 3rd. Sign up here for MAL Zoom Registration.
Shawl and Cowl Shapes
Shawls come in lots of different shapes and sizes, here are a few of the basic ones we tend to return to again and again at FDF.